MIDI Channel Selection

MIDI Channel Selection

Postby rebelsoxuk » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:12 pm

I know there haven't been any updates for awhile, but I wondered if MIDI channel selection for instrument channels was on the "to do" list?

There are 8 channels to load in instruments but no options to select the MIDI channel for any of the 8 instruments. I know from the manual that the 8 are assigned to MIDI channels in sequential order (and I make use of the first 2 of them all the time!) but GM drum MIDI channel is 10 and I have all of my equipment and other apps set to run off Channel 10. I'd like to add some of the Thumbjam kits to the equation but I can't assign any of the 8 to Channel 10 :(

Was this done for any specific reason? Most multi timbral apps have the option to assign channels and it would be great to see this introduced into Thumbjam :)

Regards

sox

Re: MIDI Channel Selection

Postby Jesse » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Yes, you bring up a good point, the instrument slots should probably have assignable midi channels. As a workaround for now, you can set the start channel to a higher value like 3, then you can use the 8th instrument slot for kits and it will be on channel 10.

Re: MIDI Channel Selection

Postby rebelsoxuk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Jesse wrote:Yes, you bring up a good point, the instrument slots should probably have assignable midi channels. As a workaround for now, you can set the start channel to a higher value like 3, then you can use the 8th instrument slot for kits and it will be on channel 10.

That's a good workaround...

Except I have all of my melodic kit setups (about 40 odd) in the Octapad set to run on MIDI channels 1 & 2 (as I'd set them up to mostly trigger TJ due to the great sounds/qualities) :)

Cheers

sox

Return to Feature Requests